With a lot of changes happening to Canadian Citizenship process, find out the impact on Canadian Citizenship application Fee structure for 2016.
Some of very commonly asked Immigration Questions answered by B.C. Immigration Lawyer David cohen. He answers questions very frequently on his Blog.
Canadian Citizenship Question
Hi. My family and I are eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship. All of the proposed changes are good, but I would like to know if the present government will lower the fee for the application.
The application fee and right of citizenship fee remain the same as they were previously, and are set to remain the same if and when the proposed amendments to the Canadian Citizenship Act come into force. The current fees are:
- Adult Grant of Citizenship (Adoption): $530
- Adult Grant of Citizenship: $530
- Adult Grant of Citizenship for Stateless Persons Born to a Canadian Parent (Subsection 5(5)) – Right of Citizenship: $100
- Minor Grant of Citizenship (Adoption): $100
- Minor Grant of Citizenship: $100
- Minor Grant of Citizenship for Stateless Persons Born to a Canadian Parent (Subsection 5(5)): No fee
In addition to one of the above for each applicant, there is a Right of Citizenship fee of $100.